It’s that time of the year yet again. But, this time I am giving a heads up: this post is very long!
I got my Christmas wish: a Johnny and lots of snow. The city was pretty this year with all the Christmas lights. And yet I’m actually happy that 2010 is coming to an end. It’s been a very long year for me. So long, that I won’t mind it ending. I haven’t done many things in 2010, except losing weight, getting my IELTS diploma and wasting time.
But even so, I actually did some good things at the end of it, mainly preparing myself for 2011. Some might say I made resolutions but I don’t think they are simple resolutions. I consider them goals and I’m actually am going to do them.
Yup, you heard me, I’m actually not going to waste another year:
- My main goal for 2011 is to learn German and Japanese. I’ve already looked up classes and I found a few that are what I need. I already bought books with CD’s, notebooks, and anything else that I might need. All there is to it is getting started.
- Second, I would like to finish my needlepoint/cross stitch projects that I’ve started. I’m already half way there so it will only take half the effort to finish them. Also, I would like to frame my projects and find a place for them in my room. I am referring to my cat, tulips and my geisha gobelin.
- My third resolution is about money. I think this will be a constant resolution in my life. Like usual, I would like to put money away for rainy days. Hopefully, with me having more stuff to do (stitching, reading and learning) I won’t spend as much as I do.
These three are my main goals for 2011.
I also have a few other smaller “resolutions” for 2011, but I don’t think they are as important (for me) like the ones above.
- Lose the belly fat. This would mean me actually getting my butt up and start exercising.
- Start a photo journal. I am already a fan of personal diaries (I’ve had one since I was 13 years old, my diaries are my best friends), but this year I would like to combine my photography hobby with my daily writing/ranting. I already bought a new 200 pages journal (handmade and very expensive) since my old one is almost used up. All I need is to use my camera.
- Become more active on our blog. So far I’ve been writing on it very random, only whenever I would have something to say or rant about. I would love to actually start writing on a normal basis and cover more hobbies/interests of mine. I have a few ideas on how to become more active, but then again I will need to stop procrastinating.
- Start a new photography album with me, Johnny, our family and close friends. I just need a new photo album, time to select pictures and money. That, and I want to digitize our old family pictures, thank God I have a scanner.
- Go to the theater. Believe me or not, I’ve never been to the theater.
- Visit the art museum here in Bucharest. Even if I stopped drawing I still have an interest in art.
- Visit a tea house (like Carturesti).
- Grow my hair long.
- Visit new places.
- Finish reading the books I have at home, the ones I borrowed and the series that I already started.
- And since I haven’t been to the movies that much this year, my movies list has grown a lot. So, 2011 will be dedicated mostly to movie nights.
Even if the list is a bit long, there’s nothing on the list that can’t be done if I put my mind to it. I think it’s about time I start being realistic with what I can and can’t do and all the above are very much doable. I have to confess that some of them are already started. I figured, that there’s no reason for me to wait the New Year.
With all that out of the way, we wish you a Happy New Year, may all your wishes and dreams come true in the year that is yet to come. Also, enjoy my last set of pictures for 2010. I promise that In 2011 I’ll become a better photographer.