As you know people make a lot of resolutions around this time of the year. Well I’ve been working on my resolution list for two months now.
No! I haven’t gone mad.
You see I’ve been working on it and I managed to separate the wants from the needs and prioritize them. And that’s how I ended up with 3 resolution lists.
I’m still sane. Seriously!
Besides the fact that I actually managed to cross some things off the list (meaning that I completed them) I actually felt good and happy. It gave me hope that 2012 will not be the same. It will be different!
I will make it different.
- The first list contains all my aspirations for this blog. Basically all the things that I wanted to do for such a long time but never got to I was too lazy, and some new things as well. This list is actually saved in my blog drafts so I can access it every time I log on.
- The second list is my personal list with all the MUST do things. There are only 3 things written on this list and it’s basically the hardest list to complete.
- The third and the last list is the list of things I wish to do over the next year and this is the list that I shall post.
Basically, it’s a feel good list. Ever since I started working I really lost track of time and I gave up on enjoying life. I mean, there’s more to life than the weekends. I can do so much more with my afternoons. I actually can’t wait to cross things out after I complete them. So here it is:
~~~~2012 wish list~~~~
- Go to the theater.
- See 10 movies at the cinema. (1, 2, 3- MIB 3, )
- See a live circus act.
Visit new parks.
- Plan a summer vacation.
See all the Harry Potter movies.
- Finish the cat needlepoint.
- Finish the black and white cross stitch.
- Read 50 books (audio books included). (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 , 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20- The Princess Bride, )
Go out more with friends. Make new friends. Throw/give away all the stuff that I don’t use.
- Go to the art museum by myself.
- Have photos with Johnny and me in all the seasons (
Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn).
- Have photos with Alexandra and me in all the seasons (
Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn).
- Print said photos.
Start a new photo album. Start an exercise routine. (24.06.2012 – 58 kg; 27.08.12 – 54kg; 14.09.2012 – 54 kg) Stick to the exercise routine.(for at least a month). Go for a run on the Olympia Stadium by myself. Wear a dress/skirt. Learn to apply make-up like a pro. Thank you Michelle Phan
- Learn to dance on “Tell me” by the Wonder Girls.
- Learn to dance in general.
- Learn all the Hiragana and Katakana characters.
- Start my German lessons.
- Start my French lessons.
Improve my spoken English.
- Watch 10 Bollywood movies. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 )
- Watch Dream High and Dream High 2.
Watch Hayao Miyazaki’s new movies. (1, 2) During summer, in one of those lonely weekends watch “My Neighbor Totoro” and “Spirited Away”.
- Visit a tea house.
Go to a party/club without whining. Draw. Learn to knit.
- Make a sweater.
Make a scarf.
- Make a sweater for Johnny.
Walk more. Street photography. Enter an online contest.
- Take on yoga lessons.
Take better care of Marlanu’.
- Put money away for a new photo camera.
Laugh more. See a sunrise. (On my vacation, I saw a sunrise and a sunset at the beach) Cook a decent meal.
- Start my own cooking journal.
Whine less. Be more assertive in general. Stop gossiping about the annoying co-worker. It’s a waste of precious time and brain matter.
- Stand straight, no more slouching.
Wake up at the same time as my alarm clock. Do great at university. (Do great at university in the second year) Be more outgoing and actually go out more. Visit a new place. (The Hard Rock Caffe in Herastrau Park) Put money away for a new pair of (Sony) headphones.(Already bought a new pair of headphones… okay there were 6 pairs) Buy a great gift for Johnny.
- See a Korean/Japanese love movie.
- Start my “Trip to Japan” fund.
- Learn to make gifs.
Write a letter to my future old self and put it safe in my old journal. Get a nice tan. Visit my friends that live far away.
- Go to a concert.
Eat less junk food. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Do not buy manga, stitching materials, figurines, drawing materials for an entire year.
- Learn to say “I love you” in as many languages as possible.
- Make a cross stitch bookmark.
- Have 100 great photographs by the end of the year.
- Start a photographer portfolio.
- Learn a random skill.
- Climb a tree.
- Have a photo with me up in a tree.
- Outdoor drawing/
reading(summer here I come!). Buy flowers for myself. Have an office plant. Think about what kind of plant I should buy.
- Frame my stitch work.
- Have 10 couple photos with Johnny.
See a 3D movie. (Underworld – I have the tickets to prove it)
- Do something completely stupid and enjoy it.
- Cross as many things possible off this list.
- Learn the Spongebob intro by heart.
- Sing the Spongebob intro to Johnny, on the phone, early in the morning.
- Write a short story.
- Make a DragonBall t-shirt (make this childhood wish come true!).
And that’s about all I could think off. I didn’t think of things that are out of my reach therefore everything on this list should be crossed off by the end of the year.
I actually enjoyed myself writing this list and I’m sure I’ll be having fun crossing them off as well. 2012 you shall be my most excellent year ever!
P.S. I don’t know who made that gif. I know I found it with Google and I kept it’s original name.
- Stitch a cute cat for my cooking journal.
- Buy a red scarf.
- Buy a new photos album.
- Have a photo with a big smile on.