After eating pizza, fries with
any type of meat and just junk food in general we’ve decided it’s time for us to cook. Better said, it’s time for me to cook. After all, I’m the one that has nothing to do all day long.
So, I cooked my first real meal (after that soup I’ve made a few months ago). I’ve made pork stew with green peas. I’ve found a recipe that was actually with beef. Now, I didn’t have beef and since we decided not to waste food anymore I used pork instead.
It was so easy to make and fun as well. For start to end, it took almost an hour (with photo breaks as well). I only need pork meat, 1 onion, 1 carrot, tomato sauce, frozen green peas, salt and pepper.
I didn’t measure the quantity of each ingredient, but mostly added as much as I thought the two of us would eat. My goal was to make something we could eat for a day. If we don’t finish the food in one day, we’re not gonna eat it the second day.
It went like this:
1. I heated the oil and added the meat. The meat was cut in small pieces. I fried the meat till it turned a little brown.
2. I added the onion and the carrot (which were also sliced in small pieces).
3. After 5 minutes, I added 2 spoons of tomato sauce (the original recipe said 1 spoon, but I like the home made tomato sauce my mom makes).
4. After another 5 minutes, I added the frozen peas. I’ve waited for them to defrost. Then I added enough water to cover the content.
5. The original recipe said to wait about an hour for it to be done. I’ve only had to wait 30 minutes since the quantity was smaller then what it said on the website. I’ve stirred the content every 5-10 minutes, added salt and pepper almost at the end.
It turned out good. And if I had to rate my attempt, I would give myself a 8 out of 10. I dropped a little bit too much pepper and I could feel it when eating.
I’m actually proud I made something decent that is not fried. I’m also doing some research for easy recipes that Johnny would eat as well. And that’s not an easy task considering he doesn’t eat a lot of things.