We finished 2016 with a bang, and started 2017 with a road trip.
We both got the chance to see our favorite artists on the stage. We enjoyed the fireworks, and had fun last night. It was actually more fun than spending the New Years at home or at a restaurant.
It was cold! But it was totally worth it. It was less fussy as well. No need to worry about guests and if they are having fun. No need to clean afterwards. No need to dress up for the occasion. For me, that was the best ever.
2017 had a good start. We had our January 1st road trip to our parents (at the country side). Pluto enjoyed himself. There was snow and he had playmates. The food was also good. In fact, in the last week we had only homemade food. I guess we’re starting the New Year with a few extra pounds as well.
I actually had fun and even got the chance to rest. I couldn’t ask for more.
I hope the good times will keep on rolling this year and that we won’t stress out so much because of work. I hope that we’re going to make lots of happy memories. 2017 has a good start so far. I am very hopeful of what is to come.
It’s that time of the year! It’s time for the 2015 List of Resolutions.
Looking back at 2014, I can say it wasn’t the best of years. It was a challenging year and I’m proud to say we’ve managed to get past every obstacle. Sure, we’ve had our down moments when we just felt that it wasn’t worth it, but we’re over it. We’ve grown up! I believe it’s for the first time in my life that I am feeling my age, and I say that in the best way possible.
Heck, we’ve reached a huge milestone as well. We’ve been together for 7 years now. 7 years!
I am proud of us.
I am proud of everything we’ve accomplished and how far we’ve come. I am proud of our two beautiful children, Pluto and Marlanu’. I am happy about us.
I can honestly say that I do not fear what the future will bring. I know we can handle it. If that’s not a good feeling I don’t know what is.
On this note, I would like to mention that the most important resolution for 2015 is to keep up the good work and move forward. Second, I would like 2015 to be a memorable year in every aspect.
Of course, I cannot start the year without making a resolution list. I do not want to break this tradition. It’s a fun thing, even if I don’t always complete them.
~~~~ 2015 List ~~~~
1.Get a good job
– make a good one page CV (nobody reads CV’s that are long)
– take a professional photo for the CV
– take your time and be patient
– don’t give in into pressure, and don’t lower your expectations
– research about each company and the reviews for current and former employee’s
– dress for the job
2. Take the Cambridge exam (planned at the end of the year).
– complete resolution number 1
– put money aside for the exam
– make sure you register for the exam
– Date of completion: no updates yet on the Cambridge exam schedule for 2015
3. Learn a second language and get a diploma for it.
– choose the language that will help you the most in today’s economy
– practice daily at set hours
– find the proper organization and sign up for an exam.
4. Learn new recipes.
– find the best recipes taking into account the food budget and what’s available in the fridge
– blog about it (making sure I keep up)
5. Have a daily routine and set days for cleaning.
– Work in progress
6. Stop smoking. If possible get John to stop smoking as well.
– Quit smoking on the 4th of January 2015 (Failed)
7. Plan ahead.
– don’t wait till the last moment.
– plan, organize and put into action
– don’t wait for others
8. Learn how to dance.
– research and practice
– don’t be afraid to look as a fool
– pick different genre’s
9. Cross of as many things of my random list as possible.
10. Be happy.
11. Put money aside for rainy days.
~~~~ End of List ~~~~
If there is one thing in particular that I am grateful for 2014, is that it taught us hardship. It taught us to survive on the bare minimum and still be happy. So, 2015 will be a simple year (for me at least). Where I will try to use what I have and say no to the urge of spending money on useless things.
I wish you all a Happy New Year!
It’s that time of the year when we wait for a new year, a new start..
It’s weird how people think that the new year will mean a better life in general. A new year does not mean a new start. Nothing changes when the first of January comes.
Everything is the same. The people around you are the same, your current life is basically unchanged, you still have the same issues. Nothing magical happens on New Years Eve.
I sound pretty negative, don’t I?
Truthfully, 2012 has been a challenging year. Lots of changes, actually there have been so many changes that I really cannot keep track of them all. One thing I know for sure, things come and things go. So 2012 came and with it so did change, now 2012 is ending 2013 is coming.
I am actually happy with myself. I completed a lot of things that were on my list, some more important than others and in general it has been OK.
For 2013 I would like to maintain the same course of action.
So without any other comments about the past year Happy New Year and here is my Resolutions:
~~~~2013 wish list~~~~
Start the year with money in my pocket. Be wise with money and don’t spend it on rubbish.
End the year with the set amount of money in my savings account. I managed to put money in the savings account, but with the help of Johnny.
Have 3 office/casual dresses & wear them. One summer dress (does this count?), office skirt and office dress.
- Start my daily Photography blog & take more care of the current Photography blog. Not happening any time soon…
- Finish all current stitching projects (Geisha, .
- Stitch a bookmark. Started the bookmark with a Korean theme.
- 50 books (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, ), Read 42 books (that’s good enough for me)
10 movies at the cinema (The Hobbit, Parker, A Good Day to Die Hard, Fast and Furious 6, The Hangover 3, Snitch, 2 Guns, Riddick, Thor: The Dark World, The Hobbit: Smaug Desolation, Frozen )
- 10 Bollywood movies (1, 2, 3, ).
- 10 Korean/Japanese movies (1, 2, ).
- Visit 10 memorial houses (in Bucharest or others cities).
Finish my second year at university with good grades.
- Take a foreign language course.
- Practice Japanese twice a week (post my lessons online just to keep myself on track).
Visit different coffee houses and go out more (with Johnny and friends).
Buy something that would make me feel like the most special person alive.
- Get my drivers license. Started the drivers license lessons, just a few more weeks..
Learn not to take everything personal.
Learn to get over failures and rejections.
Do something today that your future self will thank you for. I’m happy!
- Finish my 1000 pieces puzzle and frame it (update 31.01.2013: Started the puzzle and sorted the pieces).
Buy myself a photo camera.